RWR has done a lot of work in the Mill Valley area, including foundation repairs, retaining walls and drainage repairs. You may see our trucks and drilling equipment on East Blythedale, working their way up into the Mill Valley neighborhoods. The hilly Mill Valley area, at the foot of Mt Tamalpais gets a lot of rain and moisture, which can cause foundations to become unstable, and retaining walls to fail. It is important to correct these problems with well designed, well engineered plans, that are properly constructed. RWR specializes in this type of construction work in the Mill Valley area, and has great relationships with many engineers and architects working in this area. If you have a situation you’d like us to look at, please give us a call.
Here’s an example of foundation repair work we perform in the Mill Valley area. You can see this work requires skillful experienced foundation contractors and very competent crew. RWR brings you the expertise you need for your important project.
This estimate is based on architectural drawings. The bid is for the excavation and installation of the new house foundation plus site drainage work.
Our price includes all labor and material to complete the work as per the itemized Scope of Work below.
Scope of Work
• Elevations, secured batter boards and surveying to be provided by General Contractor performing the remainder of the project.
• Pier embedments for the house are calculated taking in consideration the pier boring layout provided on the soils report and the depth to rock shown on the boring logs. It is an approximate estimate and it is provided with the intentions of a more accurate pier depth total embedment.
• RWR assumes site will be cleared of existing house, concrete foundations, trees and others as per plans prior to mobilization to job site.
• Structural details take precedent over concrete figures shown on architectural details for this bid.
Qualifications and Clarifications
• Job is bid as package unless agreement to otherwise
• Includes one mobilization only.
• Prices are subject to adequate supply of rock, concrete, asphalt, PVC resins, PVC pipe, fittings at prices quoted at bid time and are good for 30 days.
• Proposal is based on working std 40 hours per week, 5 work days and mutually agreeable schedules.
• Progress payments every two weeks.
Note: This bid assumes RWR will be performing services as a Sub-contractor to a General Contractor. Bid assumes contract will utilize standard RWR contractual provisions. RWR reserves the right to accept or reject General Contractor’s contractual provisions.
• Cost of plans, permits, bonds, testing and inspections.
• Increased costs of excavation or drilling due to hard rock, caving or underground water. (Hard rock excavation is defined as material that requires the use of pneumatically or hydraulically operated hammers or rams to excavate). (Hard rock drilling is defined as a penetration rate slower than 1 ft. in 5 minutes).
• House or house foundation demolition, tree removal, grubbing and clearing, stump removal or any other demolition work not mentioned in our scope of work.
• Earth or structural shoring.
• Erosion control, site winterization or hydroseeding.
• Storm drain at street, TV camera, or any investigative or requested work related to it.
• Landscaping soil, staked timber wall, or other landscaping related finishes other than drainage work outlined on C1.0.
• Landscaping concrete work except for footings per details A/S1.4 & B/S7.
• Metal I-beams/metal work or any related not mentioned above.
• Provide or install of shrink/leveling grout.
• Any work on utilities including buried pipes.
• Waterproofing or drainage boards (to be provided by others).
• Any additional drainage work not mentioned in our scope of work.
• Excavation of hazardous materials, underground tanks, or materials unacceptable at dumps.
• Architectural concrete, color concrete or any type of special concrete finish product.
• Surveying and layout.
• Supply of embedments other than foundation “J” bolts.