RWR has done a lot of work in the Mill Valley area, including foundation repairs, retaining walls and drainage repairs. You may see our trucks and drilling equipment on East Blythedale, working their way up into the Mill Valley neighborhoods. The hilly Mill Valley area, at the foot of Mt Tamalpais gets a lot of rain and moisture, which can cause foundations to become unstable, and retaining walls to fail. It is important to correct these problems with well designed, well engineered plans, that are properly constructed. RWR specializes in this type of construction work in the Mill Valley area, and has great relationships with many engineers and architects working in this area. If you have a situation you’d like us to look at, please give us a call.
Here’s an example of foundation repair work we perform in the Mill Valley area. You can see this work requires skillful experienced foundation contractors and very competent crew. RWR brings you the expertise you need for your important project.
Drilling, Concrete Piers, Grade Beams,
Drainage and Slab
This is an estimate based on plans. The scope of work includes partial demo of existing grade beams, excavation, grade beams, retaining wall, stairs, drainage and slab. Our price includes all labor and material to complete the work as per the itemized Scope of Work below. Price is subject to receipt of final plans for construction.
Scope of Work
Mobilization and Layout
• Mobilize to jobsite.
• Daily Cleanup
• Final Cleanup
• Layout by others. Layout to include secured batter boards with all constructions lines clearly determined by surveyor or others.
• Shoring of structure to be completed by others so as not to impede concrete construction
• Soft demo by others including the removal of any electrical, mechanical or plumbing.
• Saw cut and demo existing grade beams and rat slab as required for installation of new work.
• Chip down existing piers as required per plans and specifications
• Demo to be accomplished by air jack hammers
• Off haul debris
Drilling and Piers
• Drill eighteen (18) 18” holes approximately 15 ft deep with portable drilling equipment per plans and specifications. See drilling exclusions. Final depth determined by soils engineer (Note: No soils report was provided).
• Install steel cage and place concrete per plans and specifications.
• Off haul drill spoils
• Excavate under house to allow for new additional space as required and per plans and specifications.
• Stock Pile for installation of backfill on line 1-2.
• Excavate for grade beams per plans and specifications.
• Off haul remaining spoils (Off haul allowance of a maximum of 150 yds).
• Install new concrete reinforced grade beams per plans and specifications S1.
• Install new retaining walls as required per plans and specifications S1 and details on S3.
• Retaining wall width on line 1-2 is assumed to be 8 inches.
• Walls can be shotcrete or formed (RWR option).
• No color or Architectural concrete. If Shotcrete then wall is cut with even finish.
• Backfill and compact along line 1-2 as required with native soils.
• Additional cost of imported backfill is required.
• Install rock pocket with 4” SDR35 perf pipe under retaining walls along line 6 and exit into solid pipe to back.
• Install drainage along retaining wall on line 1-2 with 4” SDR35 per pipe and drain rock or class 2 permeable with and exit.
• Install new 5 inch concrete slab on grade per plans and specifications S1 with #4 @ 10 inches o.c.e.w over 2 inches of sand over a 10 mil moisture barrier over 4 inches of ¾ crushed rock.
• Install new concrete stairs along side of house from street level to bottom per plans and specifications. .
• Include approximately 80 sq. ft of landings per plans and specifications.
Qualifications and Clarifications
• Job is bid as package.
• Includes one mobilization only.
• Prices are subject to RWR obtaining adequate supply of wood, steel, rock, concrete, and asphalt, PVC resins, PVC pipe, fittings at prices quoted at bid time and are good for 30 days.
• Proposal is based on working std 40 hours per week, 5 work days and mutually agreeable schedules.
• RWR is not responsible for survey lines. Survey of property lines must be done by licensed surveyor.
• Price is subject to receipt of final plans for construction
• No retention.
• Standard insurance provisions as required.
• Cost of plans, permit, bonds, testing and inspections.
• Increased cost of drilling or excavation due to hard rock, underground water or caving soils including caving. (Hard rock drilling is defined as a penetration rate slower than 1 ft. in 5 minutes.) (Hard rock excavation is defined as material that cannot be excavated with a conventional backhoe or excavator bucket.)
• Any work on utilities including buried pipes or irrigation pipes.
• Replacement of damaged landscaping.
• Embedments into concrete other than foundation bolts.
• Excavation and off hauling of hazardous materials, underground tanks, or materials unacceptable at dumps.
• Structural Shoring
• Additional drainage not specifically outlined in this proposal.
• Importation of backfill material except as noted.
• Guard Rails or inserts
• Electrical or Plumbing
• Carpentry work except as required for installing walls and concrete
• Landscaping or irrigation
• No Architectural concrete or color.
• All structural steel
• All soft demo